Thursday, August 9, 2012

As if the world itself wasn't cruel enough

Today I was reading the Yahoo headlines and saw the blog of a 12 year old girl battling two types of cancer. The headline link is http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/12-old-8217-heart-breaking-life-affirming-videos-170800971.html. Anyhow, I went over to her site on youtube and as I was scrolling through the comments, I couldn't believe how cruel some people were being. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blind to cruelty, but towards a 12 year old dying girl? Really?? Isn't it cruel enough that she's been fighting for her life for so long and at such a young age? I don't understand why people, who knows how old, feel the need to post mean comments. I figure some just like to get a rise out of people, but go get it somewhere else. One thing my parents taught me was that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all! How hard is that?

I realize this is just a random rant, but in any case, more people need to learn to keep their mouths shut. It is always easier to be mean and "brave" online because no one will confront you directly and you don't have to confront anyone either. *sigh* Karma people. Karma. Eventually, everything comes back full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment